To fly an ultralight glider in France, you need a third part liability insurance. There is no pilot license required, except if your ultralight glider is equipped with an auxiliary engine.

The FFVL (French free flight federation) is offering such an insurance for ultralight glider at an affordable cost.
Included with the license are: Third part liabilitypersonal accident insurancesearch & rescue and repatriation.